In my newest Mandyland Radio Feature: Alex's Story (From She To He), I have a candid dialogue with my dear friend, Maryanne Paul, and her son, Alex Paul, about their journey through Alex's recent transition from female to male.
I learned so much in this show and I know you will, too. From top surgery to hormones to coming out, and everything in between (even figuring out where to pee), being trans isn't easy but it's definitely made easier when you have a mother like Maryanne, a girlfriend like Mickayla, and other wonderful friends and family by your side. Case in point:
I have included links to the resources and references that were mentioned in the podcast below, and my hope is that they will be exactly what someone needs right now.
As always, the show is filled with laughter, reflection, depth and connection. My guests and I talk as openly on air as we do in person, so sit back and join us for a juicy and honest look at life and love and the lessons we're learning along the way.
May our respective journeys inspire your own.
All my love,
Explore previous Mandyland Radio shows here.
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
- Maryanne's Blog: Converse, Wookies, and the Pursuit of Joy
- Book: Some Assembly Required: The Not-So-Secret Life of a Transgender Teen by Arin Andrews
- Caitlyn Jenner: Vanity Fair Cover
- Laverne Cox (OITNB)
- Chaz Bono (Sonny & Cher's transgender son)
- Death of Leelah Alcorn (December 28, 2014)
- Go Fund Me to Support Vael's Transition
- Alex's Announcement on Lizzy the Lezzy
- Alex's Announcement on Have A Gay Day
- SickKids Transgender Youth Clinic
- Therapist Sherrie Sternberg: Southern Ontario Counselling Centre
- Male Breast Reduction | FTM Top Surgery, Natural Breast Enhancement - McLean Clinic Plastic Surgery, Toronto
- PFLAG, Waterloo, Wellington, Perth Region Chapter
DO I ADD LIGHT & INSPIRATION TO YOUR DAY?
Please consider leaving a tip in any amount.
Your financial high five means so much.
Read why here.