As I mentioned in my previous post, Time To Feel The Next Direction, my goal was to take this week completely for myself. When Paige moved to Montreal on Sunday, I decided that Monday would mark my "new" life, and I was pretty damn serious about that. I wanted zero interruptions so that I could step into the highest vision I have for myself without distraction. I wanted to savour the sacred place I'm in right now, where anything is possible, and I got straight to work at resetting myself and my life. What a sweet ride it's been.
I took the week off from pimpin' Too Good Triangles, told my bestie I'd contact her next week (we generally talk for 1-2 hours daily so this has been the longest gap EVER), I didn't post a thing on Facebook (HUGE deal for me), and I didn't spend time with anyone but myself.
I knew I needed to take full advantage of this open space because it's rare for any of us to be totally free of, and take time away from, our responsibilities long enough to just be - especially if we're mothers and entrepreneurs. But we deserve time to just think and reflect and sleep and ponder and dance to our own daily and hourly rhythm without having to consider anyone else.
It has been pure bliss.
I was surprised not to feel sad about Paige now living out of the province because I anticipated a waterfall. But all I see is a part of my soul manifested so beautifully through the gorgeous vessel that she is, and having the time of her life. Paige is living out one of her dreams and what more could a mother want? I love knowing that there's a part of me out there living this exceptional alternate reality.
I suppose that I was more ready than I thought to be back to living with myself. I fucking love it. I love my own company so much. Everything just feels exactly as it should be.
Here's some of what transpired this week:
- I fell in love with Jidenna and his Classic Man Manifesto, as well as his live version of Long Live The Chief and Classic Man
- I set boundaries like a boss so that I could give myself this time just for me
- I spoiled myself with abundant self-care (delicious thoughts, baths, naps, food, music, mirror work and movement)
- I finally updated my blog after a summer of neglect (you can explore all the new additions here)
- I revelled in my solitude
- I refined my ideal vision for myself and my life (so juicy!)
- I asked life to show me what's next
- I got crystal clear on where I want to direct my focus and energy (no, I'm not telling)
- I returned to intermittent fasting (I don't eat from 7 or 8pm until noon the next day)
- I ate clean at every meal (no dairy, gluten, sugar and surprisingly no meat - but that last one was not intentional)
- I ate each meal at my kitchen table with a beautiful placemat and lovely music (I typically eat in from of the computer)
- I went to the gym daily and did more than just get hydro massages this time
- I put Paige's old room back in order
- I slept well each night and napped beautifully each day
- I enjoyed all the gloomy/cloudy days we had because it inspired me to hang indoors and center inwardly (and finally get my site up-to-date)
- I celebrated and paid tribute to all my previous chapters
- I thoroughly enjoyed living in my super tidy space thanks to the KonMari Method
- I declared many things for myself that will remain close to my heart
- I made a list of things I will no longer do
- I did all the things I had been wanting to do
- I ate more peaches than I thought was possible
- I thoroughly enjoyed myself 100%
A perfect way to begin my new life.
DO I ADD LIGHT & INSPIRATION TO YOUR DAY?
Please consider leaving a tip in any amount.
Your financial high five means so much.
Read why here.