Today I turn 40 years awesome. I want to honour this gift of continued life by celebrating the things that have touched my heart and impacted my being along the way. I will miss my 30s. And I'll love my 40s. And I'll live them gloriously, to be sure.
But for now it's time to lovingly leave my previous chapter behind by collecting the things that made it extra special.
Thank you for reading my heart and for your continued support, sweet friend.
Here's to a new chapter.
All my love,
P.S. Sign up here to get my newest writings, podcasts, videos and visual diaries delivered straight to your inbox each month.
40 Things That Move(d) Me
- Every awakening, every level, every moment of peace, joy and clarity
- Being free to live creatively and in relative solitude all these years
- How I feel inside when I express myself online or in person
- Feeling seen and adored
- Being in the flow
- Technology and social media
- My relationship with Paige
- My relationship with Melanie
- My relationship with every single one of my beloveds
- Deep conversations with friends and strangers
- My personal connection with my Facebook family
- All of my GOD & DIVA classes (especially the first one)
- Heart connections with my TGT sweetlings
- All the ways life continues to spoil me
- Writing The Poet & The Butterfly
- The Princess Cafe and all it represents for me
- Paige's response when I surprised her with the camera of her dreams (at the time)
- The first time I met Paige's father (he was so beautiful to me)
- Sharing tears with Gayle at the beach when I wanted to die
- All the laughter and fun times between Sherrie and I
- Helping my mother transition from life to death
- My mom's best friend, Brian, waiting for me to visit before he passed
- When my dad and Linda flew Paige and I out to Calgary to be with them (and my step-sisters) for Christmas the year my mom passed
- My mom apologizing for not protecting me as a child and commending me for breaking the cycle
- Knowing that my work is appreciated and loved by others
- Kitties and other adorable creatures
- The sun
- Being cooked for
- Being on shrooms
- Dancing to old school, hip hop, RnB, reggae
- "My Poet" (the man who spoke to my soul like no other)
- "Birdman" (the man who made love to me like no other)
- "Herc" (the man who still affects me like no other)
- "My Magic Man" (the most honourable man I've ever met)
- That one delicious, drunken night in NYC in 2009, and the other delicious, drunken night in NYC in 2013
- That one night stand that was perfect from beginning to end (I have a picture of us and never got his name)
- Every time I danced with "R" at the club (nothing has compared before or since)
- The day I became a bazillionaire
- Life itself
DO I ADD LIGHT & INSPIRATION TO YOUR DAY?
Please consider leaving a tip in any amount.
Your financial high five means so much.
Read why here.