I did not dream of leaving Cambridge. I did not dream of moving to Montreal. I did not dream of learning a second language (least of all, French).
But here I am riding the wave of my new life as best as I can, with an 84% on my French exams last week, the start of Level 3 this week, and hopefully becoming even more of who I am in the process.
I don't yet know the bigger reason behind life pushing / bringing me here beyond the deepening of my relationship with Paige, nor do I know what shape I want to create while I'm living in Montreal. But maybe it's just a matter of time coupled with an organic unfolding before my next evolution reveals itself.
Some days I'm so sad over the beautiful life I left behind. The entirety of it; not just the people and definitely not the city itself, but my life as a whole.
Other days I'm terrified of where I've landed because I don't even know where I'm going.
I'm not yet firmly planted, but my toes are in the ground.
And then of course there are the days (many days) where I'm so excited for what's to come and I'm in love with all the life and beauty that surrounds me here in Montreal.
Today is one of those days.
Today I feel a sense of things taking shape and a belief that everything will be okay, even if I don't yet know what I'm aiming for here.
And one day, some day, this new life will be fully formed and I'll look back with pride at how well I rode the sweet wave that I'm on.
With love / Avec amour,
P.S. Have you read my erotic, non-fiction soul story, The Poet & The Butterfly, yet? You can get it here.
P.P.S. If you haven't already, sign up here to get my newest writings, podcasts, videos and visual diaries delivered straight to your inbox each month. It's free!
Explore my poetry collection here.
- March Visual Diary (100+ images)
- Mandyland Monthly | March Bounty
- He Irrevocably Marked Me Twice
- For Those Who Think I Post Too Much
- (Poem) My Truth
- (Video Poem) It Will Come
- (Poem) I Need The Words
- I Sleep On The Floor Now
- Big Risk = Big Fear: Taking My Business To The Next Level
- (Poem) Some Days
- Longing For My Ultimate Vision
- (Poem) A Heart Message
- Love List #25
- (Poem) A Million Times More
- (Video Poem) Too True
- You Don't Need French To Live In Montreal
- My First Week Of French Immersion!
- The Golden Ticket Of Consciousness
- (Poem) Pave The Way
- Montreal Leads To Italy
- (Poem) Waves
- (Poem) A Sight To Behold
- The Perks Of Living With My Kid
- Goodbye, 9-5!
- So A Two-Bedroom Is Next!
P&B Reader Review
“I loved how open and honest this book was. Obviously these two were/are both full of passion. It’s not every day that a person opens themselves up to the rest of the world like this. Kudos to you both for your bravery! I would highly recommend this book for yourself or as a gift for someone you love.” Scott Hatlestad
Explore and buy my beloved book here.
TGT Will Relaunch In Quebec!
Now that I am living in Quebec, my desserts will find their new home here as well! Stay tuned for the relaunch of TGT sometime in late 2017 and sign up here to be the first to know when I'm back to pimping. Thanks for your support!
Most Popular Posts
- How I Became A Billionaire In A Day
- Naked Body, Beaming Soul (18+)
- Humanity Is Our Own
- Cultivating My New Life
- Don't You Dare Call Yourself Old
- Why I Expose My Heart To The World
- It's A Beautiful Day
- Tough Love For My Ladies
- Her Last 7 Days (A Tribute To My Mother)
- Mandy Sets The Record Straight
- Alex's Story: From She To He
- What I Find Sexy (And I Bet You've Got It)